Thursday 21 October 2010

The Fat Texan.

This is really a guest blog, as El Hueso is across the pond in Texas at the moment and has been keeping me abreast of the culinary delights he has been sampling.  The only other photo I've seen, apart from those I'm posting here, was of the interior of a gun shop.  This paints quite a scary picture, but El H assures me that the locals are awesomely friendly!

This first delightful ensemble consists of a triple beefburger combo.  Nuff said.

 Deep fried Catfish, with fries, beans and 'slaw.  Breakfast of champions.  Or morbidly obese Texans.
 The piece de resistance....the holy grail, Chicken-Fried-Steak!  It looks like there are two on the plate.  When I questioned El Hueso about why he ate two of them, when he described it as "like eating a heart attack covered in baby sick" he replied that one of those is actually a pile of mashed potato; you get the choice of two sides, and it just didn't seem right to eat veg.... he has done us proud.
Fortunately for his arteries, El H is coming back to Blighty this weekend.  I'll be advising a strict diet of wholesome and healthy fish and chips after that lot.

I promise to actually do some cooking this weekend, I've been incredibly lazy on that front recently.  October is in full swing so I plan to galvanize myself into creating some Goulash (or something) this weekend; watch this space.

No comments: