Thursday 26 August 2010

Midweek Mexican

I wasn't really planning on blogging during the week but I've had some good grub so far!
I threw caution to the wind and went out on a school night, to cook some Wednesday night fajitas with El Hueso, my brother and Pid.  The Mexican idea was prompted when I popped into Sound Bites in Derby and bought some Rico brand Salsa Verde:  http://www.ricomexicankitchen.co.uk/Products.aspx?id=2
Rico make seriously good salsa and I've been hankering after trying the Salsa Verde for a while.
I must digress a moment to mention how amazing Sound Bites is; a really high quality independent wholefood / organic shop.  I often wonder how Derby has managed to sustain it but happily it has been here for a good few years now.  Check it out here: http://www.soundbitesderby.org.uk/
So I had to make some fajitas to honour the tasty salsa.  El Hueso has a thousand useful kitchen gadets of every description, so we dusted off his panini press to seal off the fajitas, a great finishing touch.  The filling was turkey, which I find works really well in a fajita, with El Hueso's special seasoning, peppers, onion, sour cream, grated cheddar cheese, extra hot jalapenos and some homemade guacamole; delish!  We polished off two each, allowing us to get through several bottles of wine and have a thorough thelogical discussion whilst watching the God Delusion.  I'm afraid I didn't take any photos as I was too busy eating / debating.

No comments: