Saturday 26 November 2011

Thai Feast...

 I can't really do our Thailand trip justice in one blog, so I'll do it bit by bit, highlight by highlight.  We ate loads of really good food, some in fairly upmarket restaurants, some from street stalls and a range in between.  I love the spicy salads and ate loads of these, som tum, laab etc.  I also had a devious method of fulfilling my inner Western stodge craving; club sandwiches.  Available on every menu, small or large, these were my fallback safety food, and always delicious.  We even had one Mexican meal, after the restaurant was recommended to us and we were not disappointed.  We only had one stumble, when the boy, craving beef towards the end of the holiday, ordered a fillet mignon from the resort restaurant; bad choice!  He was presented with a solid, grey, fibrous lump which looked liked it had been thawed and refrozen numerous times.   I did miss a nice glass of wine, I had one glass the whole time I was there and that was a thimble full.  Made up for it on the Chang beer though... 

Anyway, Ill let the pictures do most of the talking.

Our first proper Thai meal, at Ka Ti restaurant, Koh Chang, also turned out to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay the hottest meal we had! 

 The tastiest ever seafood tempura with sweet chilli sauce to start with...
 Followed by what I think is the hottest chicken laab I've ever had!  Ate it all though.
 The boy opted for a dish called "Angry Snapper".  Think the clue was in the name really...
 Despite choking on his first mouthful of chilli and being openly laughed at (very good naturedly) by our Thai waiter, the boy did an admirable job of demolishing this, declaring it delicious.

No comments: