Saturday 18 December 2010

Another day, another dinner, well lunch actually.  Saturday 11 December was my actual birthday and the boy took me for a decadent, multi course, late French lunch. We went to Le Bistrot Pierre in Derby; yep, I know it's a chain but I wanted French food and they do it darn well, and it is really good value.  Plus, I didn't want the Christmas menu, and this is one of the few places they do a normal menu too. I have been to this restaurant many times over this years and have always enjoyed a fine meal.  The place was RAMMED, with it being Chrimbo an all.  Fortunately we managed to wangle a table tucked away in a corner, away from the paper-hatted hoi polloi :-).   We started with the obligatory basket of fresh bread, with lovely creamy pats of butter to slather on it.  This was followed by the Gousse d'ail roti; a whole roasted garlic bulb with (more) artisan bread, and balsamic vinegar and olive oil for dipping.  That wasn't even the starter, which came next and consisted of goats cheese, rocket, sun dried tomates, and more toasted bread (may have gone overboard on the bread).  Mains were Supreme de Poulet for me, and roast pork for the boy.  Again I couldn't manage a cheese board...what's wrong with me?!  Lunch was lovely, and at £9.75 for two courses,cheap at the price. We washed everything down with a few glasses of sauvignon and came over all sleepy like, we had to retire to the bat cave before an evening session in the pub.
http://www.lebistrotpierre.co.uk/userfiles/files/LunchPrixFixe3.pdf

No comments: